Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do you have to cover your child on your health insurance plan if they are over 18?

my step daughter is 19 and her mother is taking her off her health insurance policy for financial reasons. Do I have to add her on my policy or is it a choice?|||At 19 neither you nor her mother are required to provide her insurance. If she is your dependent you may be able to put her on your policy if you want depending upon the exact situation.|||J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2011: For Preparing Your 2010 Tax Return - Google Books Result


J. K. Lasser, LASTJ. K. Lasser - 2010 - Business %26amp; Economics - 816 pages


3.1 鈥?Tax-Free Health and Accident Coverage Under Employer Plans 3.1 ... If you are retired, you do not pay tax on insurance paid by your former employer.|||No .to the best of my knowledge .She's the real parents responsibility. The parent who has custody is responsible unless in the divorce, a judge ordered the non cust. parent to cover the child. In my divorce I had to cover my daughter till she was 18 or graduated HS in which case would be up to age 21.States have different laws.Mine was FL.|||I don't think you have to cover her. But, if you can add her it would be better. If you already have the family plan, it would not cost any extra. she should have some kind of insurance. what if she had a major car accident?

No comments:

Post a Comment