Sunday, September 18, 2011

What health problems would make a child too ill to travel?

I'm writing a short story.


I need to know what a child could have that would make her too ill to travel to another country, so I need a health problem that would be quite significant, and possibly something that lasted for a number of months (in fact, something that rendered her unable to travel for years would be even better, if such a health problem exists).





Please help, I really want my story to be authentic. Does anyone have any ideas?





Thanks so much.|||Cancer is not contagious so aside from the stress I don't think anyone would step in and deny her a visa or airline ticket. Something like tuberculosis would do it. If the destination country was aware of the condition she would probably be denied a visa. Severe ear infection on an airplane is a very very uncomfortable condition but again, not really contagious. Any of the plagues would probably put a stop to travel, mumps, chickenpox etc but it wouldn't be anything with an extended time limit. I think tuberculosis is your best bet, especially if you want to stay reader friendly.





A check on the web for communicable diseases might give you another choice or two.|||Cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment