Friday, September 23, 2011

Do you believe that having your first child can help health problems?

I have heard of people that were sick and had health problems but they were "cured" when they had a baby. The explanation: Their body was acting out b/c it was craving a baby. What have you heard?|||I have never heard that one. However after my son was born, I had a period of being "super-mom" where it seemed like I was impervious to illness. I could see how that might be interpreted as a magic cure if you had health problems prior to having a child.





Also, the mind is a very powerful thing - if someone thinks they have been "cured" by having a child, they may well be.|||I've heard it all now.|||I have never heard anything to that effect but it sounds ridiculous to me. IMHO.|||Never heard that before. But it would be great for me!!|||Sounds like an urban myth to me. You need to be as healthy and as fit as you can be to have a healthy baby. Your whole body is involved in each and every pregnancy. If you want to have a healthy good pregnancy take care of any and all of your health issues before getting pregnant. You want your child to have the best start in life as possible.|||I think that if your health problems are the result of depression, or physical manifestations of depression they can be complicated by pregnancy. In some cases it could have a reverse affect. The baby could make depression go away because the affected person is no longer focusing on her self, but a baby.|||i suffered from depression before i had my son, i was always down and thought that life just plain sucked and if something bad was going to happen it was going to happen to me! i contemplated suicide more than once and was constantly under a black cloud! i was terrified I'd get post natal (partum) depression but i didn't i have never been happier things aren't that great in my life as far as finances etc go but i can still always manage to rise above anything for my son and nothing seems too terrible as long as he's OK and with me. i think that if you've been a selfish and self indulgent person like i believe i was before i had my son then having a child can certainly take the focus of yourself. where as before i may have lay in bed with a cold claiming i was "dying" i now carry on through just about anything as if i didn't who would feed and care for my wee sonny! i think ultimately it depends on the person for some people pregnancy and raising children is just too much where as others were meant for it and its those people who finally have everything fall into place

No comments:

Post a Comment