Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can I have a dependent care FSA for child care expenses & an HSA with a HDHP health insurance plan?

I know there are specific limitations regarding medical FSA's and such but I wasn't sure regarding dependent care. My wife and I have a High Deductible Health Plan and HSA through her work and we are having a child soon so we are considering the dependent care FSA through his work for upcoming day care expenses and such but we don't want to get hit on taxes or do anything that would effect the medical side. Any accountants and tax professionals with advice? Thanks!|||You can have both; the FSA will not affect the HSA. Here is the IRS publication for information on both plans: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p969.pdf|||They are separate and unrelated.

No comments:

Post a Comment