Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can a woman's emotional state effect the health of a child she is pregnant with?

Biology is a weak point of mine. I know some biologically produced chemicals can effect mood. For example, dopamine has a direct correlation with happiness. I am curious though if mood may effect biochemistry in some way as much as the other way around. My girlfriend is due to deliver soon, and we have gone through some rather difficult times in the last few months. The specifics should not be necessary since I am looking for a general answer, but are there any risks our daughter may face if her mother is suffering emotionally?|||I'm in a psychology class at Cal Poly and I recently learned that extreme stress in the 2nd trimester is believed to be a cause of homosexuality in a child. I'm sure there are other risks that are involved because the biochemistry in the mothers brain directly effects the child in some cases.|||There isn't that I have heard of. Many, many women have gone through great suffering during pregnancy and still given birth to healthy babies, while many other women have had ideal times of it and had sickly children. There is really no proof one way or the other; it's all theories since it can't be systematically tested without serious ethical violations. The best you can do is hope that your baby will come out fine. I bet s/he will. =)|||He asked if there were any risks his daughter may face...


Alex- 'I recently learned that extreme stress in the 2nd trimester is believed to be a cause of homosexuality in a child.'


I wouldnt call homosexuality a risk.. its not dangerous or a disease! Im sure he'd be happy with a homosexual child as long as she was perfectly healthy!|||Wow, ok. Honestly yes it is BELIEVED or theorized that it can affect your baby. But more in a way that they would be more prone to stress or more withdrawn at somethings. Ive NEVER heard not once that your emotional state can cause homosexuality. Honestly I think thats ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment