Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How does the health of your UNVACCINATED child compare with that of your friends' vaccinated children?

Have any of you decided not to vaccinate your child? Why? How do you think it has effected you or your child?|||The media has done a great dis-service by hyping wrong information about vaccines causing autism etc.





Go to the Center for Disease Control website and read all of the misinformation surrounding vaccines - they have a whole section devoted to debunking these myths specifically for concerned parents. Go and read what the SCIENTISTS have to say.|||no, i vaccinate my child...im not willing to risk his health for my own judgements...he is very healthy.|||It is a ridiculous self indulgence to avoid vaccinating your children. Vaccination has made the world a far safer place. You may not realise it, but an illness like measles can leave your child disabled or even kill them.


The medical profession is working to protect your child. To disdain that help is foolish, pure and simple.|||well my son (8) has most of the vaccinations. By the time I had the baby(2 1/2) had done the research and decided that no shots till at least 2. she has had 2 major bouts of the stomach flu that her brother brought home from school but that is only sickness. where her brother who has had the shots seems to get sick at least once a month.


weather a cold or some stomach thing|||The health of your unvaccinated child is definitelly at risk!! Why would you put your child in jeopardy and why would you put your child at risk of not being immune to virus' that are around us all of the time? This would not affect you, the parent, if you had been vaccinated, however, it will always affect your child because as they enter the school community, they would have to be red flagged as not being vaccinated and at risk of spreading certain virus' or diseases or at risk of catching various virus. The risk of being vaccinated out weighs the risk of not being vaccinated. Research and statistics on this topic back up my decision. I had all four of my children vaccinated and all four have been healthy and had no adverse side effects.


I also have taught school for many years and all of my students have been immunized except for one. The one not vaccinated had to be reported and noted.|||No, I vaccinate my children. I do not want to risk them getting an of those diseases, its not worth it.|||I have because i look back to when we were younger and we never had any of that stuff and i find that we are actually healthier than what the kids are now a days who get filled with all that medication...I am a big beliver in how they used to do stuff in the olden days|||don't know any as my school district requires all kids to be vacinated before kindergarten|||You are kidding, right? You want to leave your child unprotected against whooping cough, meals, mumps? Just one of those illnesses can be fatal to a child and when they get them they are horrific. A terrible way to day or to suffer long and hard and then recover, all because you do not vacvcinate? There is no medical evidence that shots cause mental retardation or SIDS or autism - only old wives tales. In fact, they have recently discovered autism is genetic!





How you could even consider not giving your child every possible protection against polio and other diseases that routinely killed children just 50 years ago is totally incomprehensible to me.|||I don't know how old w_damara2002 is, but I was vaccinated as a kid and if your under 50 you probably were too. Thats why we were healthy, now you have parents who decide not to vaccinate and THAT is the reason why we see these diseases coming back. It is completely irresponsible to not have your child vaccinated and quite frankly it borders negligence. The "crap" that we are filling our children with, gives them a chance the kids in olden days didn't have, think about the childhood mortality rates then and also in countries that can't afford to give these kids vaccinations. The reason our children are so sick is because of drug-resistant bacteria due to not finishing prescriptions! Oh and you won't notice a difference in your childs health until they contract measles, mumps, rubella or polio and then you will. The reason that the diseases aren't as bad now is because of vaccinations!|||After doing the research, weighing the risks/benefits, I vaccinated my children, but NOT on the "suggested" schedule. I was a year behind on most vaccines and didn't go with multiple shots in one visit. It's amazing to me how FEW parents actually research what is being put into their children and let "THEY say to do this" be the only guideline needed... sad.|||We vaccinate our young children. So far our oldest has only been sick once...a 24 tummy bug right after we moved into our new house (which my husband and I also had...ah stress!) Our youngest hasn't been sick at all!





I strongly believe in protecting my children from any disease I have the power to prevent. I think they are at a GREATER risk of being exposed to harmful chemicals/additives from the polluted air/water and processed foods then they are from any vaccination!





I don't personally know any parent who ISN'T vaccinating their children, so I honestly can't make a comparison between the health of their child and my own.|||My children are vaccinated, and frankly, I'm glad that they are safe from the kids who aren't.





I recently found out that a friend of mine doesn't vaccinate her boys. One of them is a classmate of my son's. He and his brother are always ill.





Having a daughter prone to certain illnesses b/c of being born with a cleft lip/palate, I'm relieved to know that she is protected, especially now that she'll be starting kindergarten.





As for not vaccinating, yes, it's one's personal choice. A friend of mine chose not to vaccinate her first child... the little one ended up dying of complications from the chicken pox, sadly. Well... this friend now vaccinates. :)|||I do not vaccinate my children, (3 year old and 10 month old). I do not notice much of a difference in my children from those who are vaccinated around him. I do take note that it takes my children a significantly shorter time to get over things than others. Whether that is attributed to vaccine status, I'm not going to speculate because I don't think it is really that important.





As for not vaccinating, here are a few reasons why I made the decision not to:





A person would not normally contract 5 diseases at one time naturally, yet at 2, 4 and 6 mth. visits a baby is injected with five vaccines.





There is no proof that vaccines are responsible for the decline in certain diseases - improved sanitation, medical care and less crowding may also have contributed to the decline in certain diseases. Most diseases decreased by over 95% BEFORE the introduction of vaccines.





By vaccinating children, many cases of certain diseases (ex. measles, chicken pox) have now shifted to the adult population where the disease is often more serious and debilitating.





Vaccines have not been tested for any possible carcinogenic (cancer causing), teratogenic (gene altering) effects or their effects on the reproductive system (it says this right in the product inserts from the manufacturers).





Vaccines are not 100% effective so the child can still get the disease even if they are vaccinated and a child can actually get a disease sometimes from the vaccine if it is a live vaccine.





After researching many of the diseases(like measles, mumps and polio), I found they are not as scary as the media hyped them to be, especially for a healthy immune system. Example: Polio is 90% asymptomatic.





The same amount of vaccine that is given to a 4 yr. old is given to an 18 mth. old and a 2 mth. old, etc.





I beleive the chance of dying or getting a serious side effect from the actual disease is much less than the chance of dying or getting an adverse reaction from the vaccine. The dieseases are not dangerous or deadly in most people.





I believe that injecting my children with things such as formaldehyde, mercury (trace amounts), aluminium, paint thinner, coolant, anti-freeze, detergent phenols, MSG, plus dead animal tissue, aborted fetus tissue, mutated human and animal viruses, bacteria, antibiotics and animal, bacterial and viral DNA, is not particularly a good idea.|||our grandson had a very bad reaction to a vaccine. ever since we are wary of vaccines. we read all the stories that relate vaccines to autism

No comments:

Post a Comment