Friday, September 23, 2011

I lost my job. How do I pay child suppot and health insurance for my kid/?

I have been paying child support for the past 6 years, never missed a payment. I do not have any income now that I lost my job. I also have a home mortgage and 2 car payments to make. I bought my house last year and with the market being so rough, I cannot sell the house without a huge loss.|||Maybe you could sell one of the cars for extra money. Or apply for health insurance through your state.|||If you lost your job, inquire about the COBRA health insurance policy from your old job. They should be able to give you up to a certain amount of weeks of insurance (its like a severance package deal) after you lose your job. If you can't get on COBRA, then apply for Medicaid in your state for yourself and your child (he/she has to be living with you!!!! for the child to qualify). Also, look into getting umemployment income while you search for new jobs. I'm sure the court system will be able to make some adjustments to your child support payments now that you're unemployed. But ask an attorney to be sure, because I'm not one. Hope this helps. Good luck.





Oh..yeah..you might want to take Geena's last statement a little more seriously. 2 cars...you might want to sell one of them, dude. But the house...I don't think the judge will hold that against you.|||Actually, assuming that you are a female, a big criterion, and you have a child you should have no problem applying for welfare as it has always been intended for the child's benefit- try getting any help if you are a single, white, dude who may have fallen upon hard times not always associated with some form of drug addiction; unless you can prove some significant mental illness you essentially do not exist insofar as government largess is concerned. Your possibilities are many.|||That's very tough, and I'm truly sorry to hear that.


At least you're not along, right?


I'd suggest just watching your spending now, and try looking for a new job. I know it's extremely rough in times like these, but I say take whatever you can get. Even working at a fast food place could rake in a little bit of cash. JUst try try try and don't give up hope. Times will get better.


Good luck, and I wish the best for you.


:)|||I think you need to negotiate a plan with whomever administers payments to your child and see if you can establish a payment plan that is workable with your current situation, even if only a short-term solution till you get back on your feet financially.|||Home insurance is actually very flexible. I don't understand all the details of my home policy, but my home insurance agent is always a phone call away. Try visting your agent or a homeowners agent in your area. http://www.goodinternetdeals.com/Home-Insurance.html They should be able to help you.|||Best thing to do is get your lawyer to have a hearing with the judge in order to reduce your child support payments in lieu of the circumstances. I can tell you right now a judge is not going to be two understanding if you have a house and 2 cars.|||healthplans.my-age.net - my family have this health insurance. It is affordable and has good coverage for dental issues.|||Matthew 6:26





26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?|||Get a new job. Apply everywhere possible. Something is better than nothing!|||you cant...until you get ah job they will personally deduckt it from your checks depending on how much you owe|||Get a new job.|||Get a new job|||your first thing is to call your ex wife and explain the situation, if you pay thru the courts you need to contact your attorney....good luck|||apply for unemployment..|||go to mexico they wil never find you there

No comments:

Post a Comment