Friday, September 23, 2011

Child with health problems, any parents out there with advice?

It is in the early stages of diagnosis...I need advice on how to not focus on the worst case scenario, and also how to act calm and upbeat. To be honest, I am not calm and upbeat, but I really don't want the kids to sense that. Suggestions? Thanks.|||You need someone you can talk to about your worries when the kids are not around....a relative or a trusted friend. When you are with the kids try to focus on your regular routine and the fun things you can do with them whatever they may be. It is hard not to think about these things but you are right that kids will pick up on these things and while you may not be able to do much about the diagnosis you can effect how secure they feel and how much fun and joy they have in their life. If the ill child has questions just let them know the doctors are working on how to make them feel better. If you are a religious person you may want to try prayer and see if you can "let go and let God". I know a lot of this is easier said than done. I wish you all the best.|||Just be prepared for the news you get. Love your child no matter what and always let him or her know that you are there for them no matter what because they depend on you.





My 5 month old son has a hemi-vertebrae, fused rib cage, small cerebellum, small in weight for he's age, a rare chromosome deletion, scoliosis of the spine and a cleft lip. Al though he has all these health problems, I love him no less. I treat him like an equal, normal human being and give him lots of love. (I am also epileptic and suffer seizures, so I too have a medical condition which is not easy)





I am a very anxious, nervous type of person, and have no friends because of that, but if you need to someone to talk too, you can click on my profile page and send me an email. I would be most happy to reply and try to help in any way that I can, even if you need someone for support, I can chat with you if you like...





all the best,


just take one deep breath in at a time....... (to clear the mind) and slowly exhale that breath out...





hope all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment