Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you ever heard of the father of your child not having to pay for health insurance?

The father of my child does not have health insurance for hisself so child support says that he doesn't have to provide it for his son.... Have you ever heard of this before? and what can I do to get health insurance for him.... besides medicaid b/c me and my husband aren't eligible for it.|||ok, do you or your husband work? it is just as much your responsibility as it would be his


is there a reason you or your husband cant get ins? do you all have it?


it is very important that children have health ins. if you dont qualify for state assistance, there has to be something in your state. i know here in Ky they offer low cost health ins for families who make too much to qualify for free, but their jobs dont offer it or whatever the situation is.


yes it is ridiculous that men get away w/ alot more crap then us women but get over it there is nothing you or anyone can do about it and as this childs mother you are obligated to provide the best for him.|||Its common that they don't. I pay child support for my daughter-that lives with her father and although I DO provide insurance for her I am not required to do so. All you can do is apply for JUST your son, the income qualification are different for children than adults, or find a policy and pay for it. Some states also have an "in between" type insurance. It is provided by the states for children that don't qualify for regular medicaid and at reduced rates.|||I don't know what state your in but in California they usually make him pay more in child support to help off set the cost of health insurance.|||Well, sadly, It's not a law that your child has to have insurance. Use some of the child support money and get him covered.|||You could take out an independent insurance policy. Check out kaiserpermanente.org, bluecross.org, pacificcare.org, or just google personal insurance medical and get a quote. It shouldn't be too expensive. My son's father does not provide health insurance, so this is not overly unusual.|||my father didnt have to pay child support or anything - no insurance nada - my mom had to pay it to him and each of them had two kids ( my mom had me n my sis dad got the brothers )





just because your not eligible for medicaid your child should still be - it sucks that people who work for A lving cant get assistance because we make too much - where as i would think the government would offer insurance at a great discount for people who make so much a year - pay taxes and dint get assistance -|||I'm not sure how the insurance thing works. I was under my mother's insurance growing up, but my father had to pay half the medical bills every year. I hope he's paying half to help out!|||You can ask the court to modify his support and require


him to carry insurance on the child. In my state child support is not part of healthcare coverage. You have to petition the court to modify support, and every 3 yrs, and or if changes in his job/ income etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment